Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Scarlet Tanager in a Tree (Dry Brush Filter)


Normally, when I process my photos, Photomatix is the first place I take my raw image file. Then, I take the resulting TIF file over to Paintshop Pro for crop/straighten (and other edits), and then to Photoshop Elements for some sort of filter application. For this picture (and a few others as of late), I brought the image file back to Photomatix last in the process.

Something I am beginning to learn to watch out for is the purple fringe that you sometimes get with the HDR processing. Paintshop has an edit to automatically take the purple fringe out, but this edit doesn't always leave you with a clean edge (sometimes leaving behind the non-purple elements of the fringe.) Photomatix does have an option at the end of the process that you can tone-down colors that you don't want (to get rid of the fringe on this image, I had to take out the purple, blue, and magenta); however, you have to make sure that you don't want those colors elsewhere in the photo!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment