Thursday, July 2, 2015

Male Oriole at the Feeder (Dry Brush Filter)*

Yesterday, I posted about the order in which I sent my image file through the various programs that I use for post-processing. In today's post, I have some images to compare as I processed them in different orders through my programs.

The first image is the version that I cropped in Paintshop Pro.


I took the above cropped image (as a TIF file) over to Photoshop Elements and applied the Dry Brush filter (and a quick fix edit), for the following image. To my eye, the edits here helped to take some of the 'dullness' out of the previous picture.


Finally, I processed the above image in Photomatix, which helped to make the bird's eye stand out.


For kicks, I also processed the cropped image in Photomatix without the Photoshop's Dry Brush filter:


I like the Dry Brush filter at least in part because it sometimes helps to smooth out some of the noise in the picture. (I also like it when I can get a picture to look like a painting. Again, personal preference.) The image above looks a little bit cleaner than the one previous that included the Dry Brush filter.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment