Sunday, February 22, 2015

Poinsettia Leaves in February (Dry Brush Filter)


So we're coming up on the end of February, and my poinsettia plants from December are still alive. (They're losing leaves like crazy, but... they still seem to be alive.) What I first liked best here was the leaf that was changing between red and green, which was the reason that I initially made this picture (trying to get that leaf.) I wasn't all that crazy about the dying leaf up in the top left corner, until it really stood out in post-processing for its darker color. The weirdness in the bottom left corner probably has something to do with my f-stop, which I was trying to keep low in order to blur out the backyard background through the window. (I guess that the backyard wasn't the only thing that it blurred out!) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment