Monday, April 24, 2017

Dark Turtles (Dry Brush, Graphic Novel filters)

This is a zoo/aquarium photo (sorry, this image may not be reused) of several turtles. I didn't really even know that there was more than one turtle in this image until I ran it through the HDR processing in Photomatix, when the two turtles in the dark background showed up. What can I say; this was a very difficult image. The setting was extremely dark, so I went with a higher ISO (800) and dropped my exposure bias -2.

First is my original without the HDR.


Next is the HDR processed version, filtered with a dry brush and the graphic novel filter.


Finally, I layered my original above into the dry brush/graphic novel filtered version.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment