Friday, June 17, 2016

Goldfinch (Yellow/Black Stamp Filters)


I hadn't realized that the stamp filter worked in other colors until the other day, by accident, when I had selected a different color for a different project. Photoshop defaulted to this new color when I went to work on a stamp project and was a little surprised to see the image appear, not in black and white, but in some shade of blue and white. I thought it looked interesting, but not for that project, so I tucked the information away. Thinking about my goldfinch images (of which, as you know, I have many,) I decided to try processing one using a two-color method. I used the eye-dropped to grab the goldfinch yellow to make the first image as my background. Next, I made a black and white image with less coverage in the stamp filter and layered it in over top of the yellow and white image. In some ways, the result reminds me of what I get in Photoshop's cutout filter, although I think that I have a little more control over the colors that appear using this method. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment