Monday, May 30, 2016

Goldfinches Posing at the Feeder (HDR, Dry Brush Filter)


I like to call this a quasi-experimental photo, because I took several of my usual photo editing methods and simply blended them all together. When I first started editing the image in Paintshop, the image lacked the 'pop' I was looking for, so I went over to Photomatix to do its HDR thing. Well, then the image had just a little too much 'pop', so I toned it down a bit by layering the HDR image into the original image. Still not completely satisfied with some of the noise in the photo, I tried layering in a Dry Brush Filtered version of the image, coming out with the result that you see above: Goldfinches. They're posing at my feeder. (In their usual poses.) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment